Dale assists leaders to think more clearly about the future and map out their strategic priorities. As their thinking partner, his approach is to work with executives to describe a clear, understandable picture of the future that is useful for them and their teams. Working with individuals as their executive coach or with teams as their facilitator, Dale is able to join the dots in seemingly complex situations. Always interested in the tangible results and the actions that need to follow the conversation, Dale’s clients enjoy the momentum created by identifying the next steps towards clear long-term aspirations.
Since 2007, Dale has coached executives and senior managers from Belgium, France, Greece, Netherlands, Russia, Sweden, South Africa, United Kingdom and Zimbabwe. Prior to that he was both a corporate executive, heading up consumer banking in South Africa for Standard Chartered Bank, and an entrepreneur who with his partners sold their technology business to a listed company in 1998. Having learned to program computers at the age of 12, he got involved in AIESEC, the global youth leadership organization while studying computers in his early 20’s. He was selected to work in the AIESEC international secretariat based in Brussels, Belgium and travelled extensively around the globe. He learned invaluable lessons about culture, leadership and strategy as a vice-president of the twelve-person team who lead the 80 country, 700 university member driven organization.
Dale has lead teams and managed the bottom line of businesses in the banking and technology sectors. As an executive coach and strategic facilitator he has worked in the accounting and auditing, advertising, asset management, automobile manufacturing, banking, brand and strategy, construction, consulting, education, financial advisory, financial services, fishing, health, investment, luxury hotels, manufacturing, media, non-profit, retail design, sports management, stock broking and technology industries.
The coaching model that Dale uses is built on the three pillars of positive psychology, scenario planning and rational thinking. In each area he has developed his own approaches and methods that are influenced by the leading thinkers in that area combined with his own experience in business.
- Senior leaders at an International pharmaceutical company to integrate their learning from a year long leadership intervention at the Graduate School of Business in Cape Town.
- An award-winning entrepreneur contemplating the exit from the business he founded.
- An executive between assignments to prepare for his next engagement.
- Executives in a leading South African financial services organization to consider their role as leaders.
- The leadership team and owners of an education startup company to think through and decide their strategy for growth.
- A new executive who has taken on a leadership position in a new country and company for him.
- 360 feedback debrief for three executives.
Education, Publications, and Professional Affiliations
- MA (Middlesex University – United Kingdom)
- Master Coach (i-Coach Academy United Kingdom)
- Co-author: Strategic Management Supplement for Southern Africa ISBN: 9781770256538
- Accredited Integative and Adfen Enneagram Coach
- Accredited Gallup Strengths Coach
- Full member of World Association of Business Coaches (WABC)
- Member of International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Member and past president of Coaches and Mentors of South Africa (COMENSA)
- Associate leadership facilitator and executive coach to Centre for Creative Leadership
- Associate to Korn/Ferry Lorimer
Download this bio in PDF Format.
Find out more including references on LinkedIn.